Science Expo 2/25/18

This week in science we were preparing for the science expo, doing things such as making last minute changes or fixes to our hovercrafts. My group had only two people in it because Nik was gone. The last time we had blown up our hovercraft it was fine, but for some reason,  when we were blowing up our hovercraft there was a big hole in the duct tape. Thankfully we still had leftover duct tape so it was an easy fix. During the science expo we graded the 6th and 7th graders’ projects. I did not particularly enjoy grading because I felt bad having to give some kids points off, one because I just felt bad, and two because you just really don’t know the backstory,behind the issue in the project. Such as, they could have not tried really hard and thrown the project together the night before, or they could have gotten it done in time and done their best, but their best didn’t meet the grading template because they forgot something. Let’s just say that it is really hard critiquing kids and I have a newfound respect for teachers.

After grading the 8th grade class started giving rides on the hovercrafts. At first the rides were a little rough as we were learning where we needed to turn of the vacuum or how to turn around. But once we figured that out we were good to go. The only technical difficulties that Stella and I had was that our crate that kids sat on came off once, and our button on the bottom popped off entirely, along with a few crashes. I must say that it was very tiring pushing hovercrafts back and forth. At first it was really fun, but as the night progressed it felt like the rides would never end! Overall all though, I had a great time, and it is sad that the next time I come to the science expo I will be an alumna.

Image result for science expo

Three Questions

• How do teachers do such a good job at grading fairly?
  • Why do I have an issue with posting blogs late?
  • Is there a special secret that the teachers do not share with us about properly grading others?